The English Dub version for The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting will be releasing on October 20, 2022.
Crunchyroll announced the English Dub release date on Wednesday on the platform, just a day before the release of its first episode. Additionally, Crunchyroll also revealed a key visual along with the cast and staff for English Version which are as follows:
- Jonah Scott as Kirishima
- Emi Lo as Yaeka
- Christopher R. Sabat as Kazuhiko
- Cherami Leigh as Kanami
- Nazeeh Tarsha as Sugihara
- Y. Chang as Mashiro
- Additional Voices: Katelyn Barr, Cherami Leigh, Lindsay Seidel, Dani Chambers, Luci Christian, Megan Shipman, Alejandro Saab, Chris Niosi
- ADR Director: Austin Sisk
- Lead ADR Engineer: Austin Sisk
- Mix Engineer: Rawly Pickens
- Executive Producer: Christopher R. Sabat
- Line Producer / Talent Coordinator: Brittany Lauda
- ADR Prep: Bryson Baugus, Ben Balmaceda
- ADR Script: Madeleine Morris, Meli Grant, Tyson Rinehart
- ADR Script Supervisor: Madeleine Morris
- Music Adaptation: Emi Lo
The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting is an original manga written and illustrated by Tsukiya. It was first serialized in May 2020 in the Comic Ride Pixiv and then later got an official serialization. As of August 2022, the series has collected 8 volumes.
The series got an anime adaptation by Studio Feel and Gaina, from July to September 2022. The series has a total of 12 episodes.
The anime follows a young girl named Yaeka who is the daughter of a feared Yakuza boss. Although this never bothered her, her father’s job led to her mother from her, pushing her into loneliness.
Working for her father, Kirishima Tooru is the most feared Yakuza member in whole underworld but his violent behavior is a huge problem. To resolve this, Yaeka’s father put Kirishima to babysit Yaeka to help him understand about responsibility. But he also warned that one mistake will lead to him being six feet under. Will this work out?