Tokyo 24th Ward- Release Date, How to Watch, Plot Details, Cast
Everyone looks for some good anime that they can enjoy without getting spoilers. That’s when original anime shows come into the equation. Well, the fans will soon be able to watch an original anime that is titled “Tokyo 24th Ward” and the great thing is that it will premiere in the next few days.
Clover Works Studios has come up with a new concept for the original anime and these updates look absolutely fascinating. The series is going to be a suspense thriller with not just one main character but three. So, when will Tokyo 24th Ward premiere? Keep on reading to know the plot details, cast and crew members and how to watch the series.
Release Date & Where To Watch
The upcoming anime series is promising some suspense, thrill, action, and some drama. The animation in the trailers also looks pretty good. The premiere episode of Tokyo 24th Ward is titled “RGB” that is set to premiere on January 5, 2022. This episode will be a one-hour-long special premiere episode that will air on Funimation and Crunchyroll.
What’s The Show About?
The story of Tokyo 24th Ward follows three friends who grew up together on an artificial island in Tokyo Bay—Kyokutou Houreigai Tokubetsu Chiku, commonly known as the 24-Ku or 24th Ward. One day at the memorial these three friends get a mysterious call from their dead friend, asking them to choose a future. For the people of the 24th ward, the band tries to fight off and avoid the danger, but in their own unique way.
Promotional Video & Teasers
On 24 October, Clover work studio announced the original anime with a PV along with a Key-Visual with all three main characters and their cast and staff. The announcement PV and key visual can be checked out below.
So far a total of two promotional videos and teasers for all three leading characters have been released. The first PV begins with a clear division of the 24th ward between rich and poor. All three characters are introduced along with the danger detecting system.
Later on 12 December 2021, the three new PVs were released focusing on each main character. These teasers focused on Ran Akagi “R,” Shuta Aoi “B,” and Kouki Suido “G.” These three people collectively make “RGB” which is also the title of Tokyo 24th Ward Episode 1.
- Shuta Aoi (B) Teaser.
- Kouki Suido (G) Teaser.
- Ran Akagi (R) Teaser.
Tokyo 24th Ward: Staff & Cast
Tokyo 24th Ward is directed by Naokatsu Tsuda, with Vio Shimokura writing and overseeing its scripts, & CloverWorks producing the anime.
The main cast members are:
- Yuma Uchida as Ran Akagi
- Kaito Ishikawa as Koki Suido
- Junya Enoki as Shuta Aoi
The additional cast members are:
- Manaka Iwami as Asumi Suidō
- Yui Makino as Mari Sakuragi
- Nanami Tomaru as Kinako
- Hitomi Nabatame as Sakiko Tsuzuragawa
- Taiten Kusunoki as Gori Suidō
- Sayaka Ohara as Kanae Suidō
- Sōma Saitō as Kunai
- Atsushi Imaruoka as Yamamori
- Eri Kitamura as Lucky
- Yōji Ueda as Hiroki Shirakaba
- Rina Hidaka as Kozue Shirakaba
- Yūichi Nakamura as Wataru Tsukushi
- Yumiri Hanamori as Kana Shishido
- Hiroya Egashira as Kaoru Shindō
The staff members are:
- Chief Animation Directors: Akira Takata, Kiminori Itō, Majiro
- Assistant Director: Hidetoshi Takahashi
- Prop Design: Akira Takata
- Graphic Design: Hideki Kawahara, Megumi Soeno
- Art Design: Yoshinori Shiozawa
- Art Director: Minami Kasuga
- Color Key Artist: Kazuko Nakashima
- 2D Design: Aya Kubota
- Special Effects: Ayaka Shimizu
- CG Director: Katsuaki Miyaji
- Compositing Director of Photography: Yūya Sakuma
- Editing: Akinori Mishima
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami